Thursday, September 30, 2010

yest while im surfing net, the TV news caught my attention.
the announced news was indeed interesting and somehow funny =P

The host of Foxtel's Australia's Next Top Model, Sarah Murdoch, last night announced the wrong winner of the reality show's $25,000 prize. During the live finale at Sydney's Luna Park in front of 2000 people, Murdoch said the winner was Sydney's Kelsey Martinovich.
But after Martinovich, 19, had soaked up the applause and made her acceptance speech, Murdoch's face fell as she listened to the producer's voice in her ear piece.
"Oh my God, I don't know what to say right now," the host said.As Martinovich and runner-up Amanda Ware looked on, Murdoch said, "I'm feeling a bit sick about this. No. I'm so sorry about this. Oh my God. I don't know what to say. This was a complete accident.
"It's Amanda, I'm so sorry. It was fed to me wrong. Oh God. This is what happens when you have live TV, folks. This is insane. Insane, insane, insane."
Ware, 18, was then awarded the top prize, which includes a contract with Priscilla's modelling agency, a $25,000 contract to appear in a Levi's campaign, a trip to New York to meet the Elite agency, a Ford Fiesta Zetec, $20,000 cash and a spread for Harper's Bazaar Australia.
Martinovich was suddenly the loser. But she was gracious in her shock, saying "It's OK" over and over and repeatedly congratulating Ware.
"It's ridiculous, how could this happen?" Murdoch said as she consoled Martinovich. "It's OK, it's an honest mistake, it's fine, it's all right," the runner-up said.
The disastrous event was dissected in real time on Twitter, and it became an international trending topic immediately.
Prominent blogger Mia Freedman sent a sympathetic tweet to Murdoch: "Oh @SarahAMurdoch you handled that with grace. I wouldn't want to be the person who fed you the wrong name. Compelling moment."
Last night, Foxtel's director of publicity, Jamie Campbell, said Martinovich would also be awarded an overseas trip and $25,000.
"Tonight we saw the perils of live TV," Ms Campbell said.
"At the time of the result announcement, there was a miscommunication between the broadcast truck and the stage.
"Sarah handled what was a difficult situation with utmost professionalism and grace. Amanda and Kelsey were neck and neck in the voting all night. Foxtel will be sending her to New York as well as awarding her $25,000 as a prize."
After the show, Ware said in a statement: "I realise what a great opportunity this is. Once it all settles in, I can start thinking about the future, but for now I am just so happy."


I suppose this incident can only be seen once in a million year. haha!